Product Matching Tool for an E-Commerce Business
There are billions of products available online and numerous stores selling them. In this context, both businesses and consumers need a solution to narrow down results. However, it becomes a challenge when there are no obvious unique identifiers.
Another challenge is when visitors browse product pages and leave without converting. This is an issue that any e-commerce business has had to deal with in highly saturated markets. For example, potential customers didn't manage to find an item that met their specific criteria, or they were given too many choices. Here is where product matching and quiz marketing come into play.
Sources of Identifying Information for Product Matching
Will the potential client get matched with the exact product after answering a few quick questions? Yes, if you extract the right features from the product.
The most important requirement to capture leads is to come up with simple yet descriptive matching criteria. When you determine matching rules, you need to look at the available information on each product to get started. Based on your collected data, you'll be able to come up with criteria that explicitly unify all products.
The answers to the quiz should align with certain product categories or even individual products. For example, you fit every answer into their respective categories. If most answers fit into a certain result category throughout the quiz, the respondent will be recommended the product within this category.
How Product Recommendation Quizzes Can Apply to Coffee
Let's say you have a visitor that is considering trying a new coffee blend for home-made drinks. They've made it to your website and start browsing through the options. Even though there might be filters or a "Sort By" attribute, it may not point them directly to one particular blend.
Before they give up on their search, you present them with a button or a pop-up to take a quiz. It can be accompanied by a neat message, such as "Get matched with a perfect coffee for you from the nation's best roasters!"
Now let's go into the context of the quiz itself.
The premise is that there are four essential questions that need to be asked to give a good match.
1. What type of coffee do you drink? Depending on your selection, you should provide a very basic classification. In our example, the corresponding answers are regular or decaf.
2. How do you usually make coffee at home? Include the most common brewing methods and tools that can be used in making coffee. In our case, it's Chemex, an espresso machine, a French press, and others.
3. What roast level do you typically prefer? The roast level provides a baseline - a rough guide to the taste user can expect. We used light, medium, and dark in our example quiz.
4. Do you add anything to your coffee? People usually fall into one of two groups: either those who could drink coffee in its natural state or those who enhance it with tasty ingredients. Our options are milk or cream, sugar or sweetener, both milk and sugar, or nothing - just black coffee.
5. Recommendation. Finally, based on the given answers, the tool can pinpoint which product fits the description. This is the prime time to promote a product inconspicuously. All a consumer sees is an offer tailored to their preferences.
Using Quiz Results for Personalized Marketing
The quiz helps you tackle the issue of overwhelmingly wide choices. Users are already spared the trouble of looking for a product that they want. Thus, you'll be able to expose your audience to selected products in a more personalized way.
Based on the answers to the quiz, the product recommendation tool will come up with the most suitable offer. Since the visitors provided sufficient information about their preferences, they should truly appreciate the characteristics of the quiz selection.
You can also use offers and discounts as a lead magnet. It increases the likelihood of the user purchasing the offered product and helps build a loyal customer base. In particular, leads will appreciate that they have been taken care of properly.
By the end of the quiz, you have achieved the following:
- Entertained visitors with quick-fire quiz questions and increased engagement
- Showed interest in their tastes and preferences
- Elicited the right information from the prospect
- Presented them with a customized offer and highlighted the qualities of the suggested product
Customizing the Quiz to Your Particular Needs
Naturally, the functionality of such e-commerce tools can be extended far beyond coffee. All questions can be modified to the needs of your business. Moreover, they can be revised to better address new and existing clients and to suit the current objectives.
The process for creating a quiz like this is pretty straightforward, especially when you take advantage of the ready-to-use templates available on our website. Sign up for free and modify templates with your own questions or create a quiz from scratch. We can't wait to see how you use our quiz tool to guide your customers and connect them to the perfect products.